Job Type: Full-time
- Prescribes or administers specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
The following statements describe the principal activities of this position identified and shall not be construed as a detailed exposition of all the duties that may be inherent in this position.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Orders, performs, and interprets tests and analyzes records and examination information to diagnose patients’ condition.
- Records and maintains patient information.
- Performs physical exams.
- Monitors patients’ conditions and progress and reevaluates treatments as necessary.
- Provides services in accordance to Mayflower Medical Group’s policies or procedures, contracted agreements, or other medical program guidelines.
- Explains procedures and discusses test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Orders lab tests, screenings, and diagnostic procedures
- Documents all information timely using an Electronic Medical Record system.
- Advises patients on diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Refers patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree of MD or DO
- Must be Board Eligible or Board Certified in family practice.
- Must possess current DEA license and CPR certification (BCLS/ACLS).
- Must be able to interact with people of various socioeconomic statuses and have the ability to address sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills in English and ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA regulations.
- Possess an active medical license from the State of California with no pending or previous disciplinary action from any licensing entity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Critical thinking
- Judgment and decision making
- Active listening
- Complex problem solving
- Service orientation
- Active learning
Mayflower Medical Group provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Drug-free work environment. Must be eligible to work in this country.