Job Type: Full-time
Utilizing the guidelines set forth by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Department of Health’s Child Health and Disability Prevention Program (CHDP), the physician shall provide primary care to pediatric patients’ ages 0-21.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for working collaboratively to provide comprehensive outpatient healthcare.
The following statements describe the principal activities of this position identified and shall not be construed as a detailed exposition of all the duties that may be inherent in this position.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Performs routine well-child physicals, initial assessments, and follow-up exams focused on acute and chronic diseases.
- Orders diagnostic and laboratory tests, medications, immunizations, and other appropriate therapeutic interventions as determined by the symptoms or illness of the patients.
- Educated and counsels patients and families to promote positive health behaviors and disease prevention.
- Works closely with clinical support staff in coordinating and obtaining needed services for patients and families.
- Uses Electronic Health Record to accurately record all pertinent information regarding patient history, physical exam, diagnostic assessments, and treatment plan.
Education and Experience
- Board certified or board eligible in field of Pediatrics.
- Current State of California Medical License.
- Spanish proficiency desirable.
- Current CPR certification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Critical thinking
- Judgment and decision making
- Active listening
- Complex problem solving
- Service orientation
- Active learning
Mayflower Medical Group provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Drug-free work environment. Must be eligible to work in this country.