Adolescent Care Old
Much change happens as children transition to adulthood. As your Family Medicine Provider, we are committed to helping your children maintain good health and understand the changes their bodies are experiencing during this significant life stage.
Our goal is to work with you to provide a positive influence on your child’s lifestyle and behavioral choices to help promote decisions that will have a positive outcome on their health now and in the future.
Adolescence can be a difficult time. We offer education, medical support and resources in a confidential environment where young patients and their parents can feel free to ask questions and voice their concerns.
Our medical services for our adolescent patients include, but are not limited to:
- General physical health & nutrition: physicals; immunizations; well child examinations; treatment of minor illnesses and injuries including flu, bronchitis, and upper respiratory infections; assessment and treatment of eating disorders and nutritional concerns; allergies and asthma management.
- Mental health & substance abuse: coping skills, stress management, drug and alcohol usage education, psychiatric and social work services
- Sexual health: pubertal development, STDs and HIV education, contraception, menstrual health, HPV test
- Dermatologic health: acne, skin conditions, warts, eczema, burns, psoriasis, ringworm and other skin infections
- ADD/ ADHD: mental and emotional well-being, severity, prevalence, difficulty learning, understanding, or paying attention, medication